Our Quail Laid Two Eggs!

Hurray! my coturnix japanese quails finally laid an egg today! found one underneath a pile of straw in the cage about an hour ago. Will have to put up a video of these guys soon, I no longer have the button quails, I got rid of them about two or three weeks ago, and got Japanese quails instead. The buttons were just too flighty and hard to catch. the Japanese quails don't even mind me mucking about in the cage. These ones will let you hold them versus the buttons, the buttons will wiggle out of your hand and run like heck. Right now I've got two hens with one rooster. will probably get 1 more hen for my little roo to enjoy.

And the rooster has a nice sounding crow. it sounds more like some kind of bird, not like your typical chicken roo. If you like the sound of roosters crowing in the morning, and the city doesn't allow you to have one, maybe consider trying a coturnix quail!


Our quail laid two eggs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog